City University of Science and Information Technology established the department of Civil Engineering in 2014, to meet the quality human resource needs in the areas of infrastructure development and Civil Engineering of the country. This department is designed and developed along modern lines, tailored to impart and strengthen the students’ knowledge in Civil Engineering and its related specialties.
Because civil engineering is a wide-ranging profession, including several specialized sub-disciplines, its history is linked to knowledge of
• Materials science
• Mechanics and other fields.
To provide State-of-the-Art education in Civil Engineering that enables new generation of Civil Engineers to meet the challenges of the future, promote a sense of scholarship, leadership and service to the mankind through creativity and innovations.
1. To provide, students with high-quality education and training required to fully develop their professional qualities and skills as Civil engineers.
2. To develop their personal potential to the greatest extent possible to be able to pursue higher studies and research.
3. To enable them to do research to serve the people and society of KP and Pakistan for their socio-economic development.
4. Develop University Consultancy group in diversified Civil Engineering fields for economically sustainable and socially acceptable CE program.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
PEO-1 Successfully practice Civil Engineering at the highest professional level.
PEO-2 Demonstrate necessary background, technical and communication skills to work professionally in one or more relevant areas of Civil Engineering.
PEO-3 Participate in societal activities with recommended social and ethical values.
PEO-4 Demonstrate perusal of continued lifelong learning.