Faculty of Mathematics
The mission of the Mathematics department is to provide high quality education in pure and applied mathematics in order to prepare students for gradate studies or professional careers in mathematical sciences.
- To train qualified, adaptable, motivated, and responsible mathematicians who will contribute to the scientific and technological development of the country.
- To provide an in-depth understanding of the fundamental principles and techniques of mathematics.
- To develop mathematical thinking, reasoning and skills needed in modeling and solving.
- To produce graduates in mathematics that are adaptable to teach in secondary schools, colleges, universities and work in industries, research institutes etc.
- To Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- To Work effectively in teams by having ethical and professional behavior.
On successful completion of the degree programme, the graduate will be
- Formulate and analyze mathematical and statistical problems precisely define the key terms, and raw clear and reasonable conclusions to solve well-defined problems and present their mathematical work, both in oral and written format.
- Explain the importance of mathematics and its techniques to solve real life problems and provide the limitations of such techniques and the validity of the results.
- Read, understand, and construct correct mathematical and statistical proofs and use the library and electronic data-bases to locate information on mathematical problems.
Career for Mathematicians
The range of careers on which mathematicians are engaged is wide. We give a few examples.
- Scientific research, design and development.
- Management services and computing.
- Financial work.
- Statistical work.
- Postgraduate study.
BS (Maths) |
M.Sc. Maths |