Department of Arts
To bring qualitative improvement in teaching and producing graduates who
can hold their own in the face of 21st century and its global
- Develop confidence, independence, and ability to reflect.
- Express ability to respond and interpret effectively.
- Use critical concepts and terminology with understanding.
- Analyze individual text and explore comparison between them.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately through developed language competence and performance.
To prepare and qualify the learners for:
- Clear communication and presentation.
- Detailed understanding and comprehension.
- Independent opinion and original creative ideas.
- Responsible research and academic growth.
- Good impression and polite behavior.
After completion of two years M.A English programme, the graduate will be able to:
- Understand the core literary concepts and literary and critical terms for use.
- Read literature as a universal reality by comparing cross-cultural experiences through diverse literary readings.
- Display their ability to critically real and analyze English literature.
- Develop a research-based comprehension of the literary sensibility and its multidisciplinary value.