Quality Enhancement Cell
The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is established under the regulations by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan.
The QECs are quality assurance units developed at all public / private sector Universities to a focused attention on quality assurance aspect of higher education. These cells are required to develop and implement the measures of quality assurance with promises of quality enhancement to meet the international standards of higher education. The QECs will be operated by all public / private sector universities for execution of the quality assurance policies designed by QAA of HEC, Pakistan with uniformity of pace and standards. The QECs will be regulated, guided and monitored by QAA of HEC.
QEC (CUSIT) aspires to be a distinguished cell to ensure excellence in quality assurance instruments and viable procedures for assurance and enhancement of excellent quality delivery of educational services to the university students.
QEC, CUSIT Mission is to coordinate and evaluate quality assurance processes in teaching and support services aimed at achieving the university goals. It delivers services with accuracy, consistency, elasticity, reviewing and improving the work processes involving all stakeholders for continuous quality improvement and perpetuation academic standards.
Quality Promotion: The development of a program of activities to institutionalize a quality culture in higher education and a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Capacity Development: The development and implementation of initiatives to build and strengthen the capacity for high quality provision at institutional, learning program and individual levels.
Faculty Assessment: Measurement of the expected outcome/performance from individual faculty member through standard internationally evaluated and tested procedures after having provided the requisite teaching and research infrastructure and facilities.
Departmental Reviews: Measurement of the performance of each Academic Department/Institute/Center through conducting annual review based on the standard parameters set for this purpose.
Accreditation: Regular assessment and review of the institutes and colleges affiliated with the University of Peshawar in order to assure the quality of the teaching staff and the teaching and training provisions provided to the students
Objectives:The objectives of the QEC are:
- Excellence is the commitment of QEC towards teaching and educational services.
- Faculty development programs as per need and requirements.
- To monitor and review the internal Academic activities through Self-Assessment.
- To improve the quality of Teaching, Research, and Development facilities.
- To achieve the academic standards by implementing proposed criteria and ensure that all the programs meet their objectives and institutional goals.
- Obtaining the feedback from all stakeholders for quality assurance of academic programs.
- To promote public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- To equip the students for international competition in academics and serving the society.